Monday, July 21, 2014

Beauty Box 5 - July 2014

My July Beauty Box 5 arrived a few days ago, but I've been procrastinating on getting this post up.  As I mentioned in my last Ipsy post, I've started a Makeup Miscellaneous You Tube Channel and I did unbox the BB5 in a video as well, which you can view here & I'll also embed the video at the end of this post.

July's box theme is Defining Moments and except for the one spoiler item that is posted on the Beauty Box 5 each month I managed to avoid other unboxings and keep the contents of the box a surprise.


The first item was the one spoiler item I knew about, which is the Revlon Bold Lacquer Mascara.  While a black mascara isn't the most exciting item to receive I was happy that it's a full size product and will definitely try it out.  This is described on the BB5 card insert as both a lengthening and volumizing mascara.  It is also supposed to lift lashes without a curler and not smudge or flake.  That's a lot of claims so I'm curious to see how it works out.  This mascara has a value of $7.99



The second product in my box was the Starlooks Kohl Eye Pencil in Obsidian.  I own one other Starlooks product which is a a lip liner I received in my April Ipsy Bag.  Once I opened this box I watched some other unboxings and what's funny is it looks like Beauty Box 5 sent out a lip liner as well because I didn't see one other person who got the eye liner.  I'm actually glad I got the eye liner because the lip liner looked very similar to the one I already have.  Obsidian is a soft black pencil liner, and i'm not a huge fan of these regular pencil liners because there is usually some tugging and pulling.  That said I haven't actually tried this on my eyes yet I'll give it a fair shot before making a decision.  The card says it can double as a base for your entire eye.  I definitely think that would be too dark of a base for me but if you were doing a very dark, smokey eye look it might work.  This is also a full sized item worth $12.00, which covers the whole cost of the box in itself.



Next I received a full sized Body Drench Candylicious Lip Balm in Peppermint Stick.  It is a clear lip balm, which is always handy to have around for either use on it's own or under other lip products.  It is infused with beeswax, conconut oil, and vitamin E.  I have used this a couple of times since opening it and it is definitely peppermint and even made my lips a little tingly.  This lip balm is worth $3.99.


The fourth item in my box was a packet of the Hask Argan Oil Intense Deep Conditioning Hair Treatment.  I use a deep conditioner on my hair a couple of times a week so I'm looking forward to trying it out.  While foil packets aren't my favorite packaging there is easily enough product in this packet for 2 uses and it retails for $2.49 per packet.


Finally I received a sample size of Glowing Mama Walnut Face and Body Scrub from Anna Naturals.  This is a vegan scrub that doesn't have parabens, harsh cemicals, or artificial fragrance.  It has a very smooth creamy base with exfoliating beads of crushed walnut.  I am still loving my Derma E Microdermabrasion scrub from May's Ipsy bag but will see how this scrub compares.  The full 4 oz size is $10.99 and while the container isn't marked I'm guessing this as about 1/2 oz so I'm going to estimate the value at $1.37



This box was a big improvement on last months for me so I think I"ll stick with Beauty Box 5 for a few more months and switch to a 3 month subscription to bring my cost down to $10/month.  I estimated July's Box total value at $27.84.  As I said above I unboxed this my new You Tube channel & have embedded the video below.


No comments:

Post a Comment