Thursday, October 30, 2014

Ipsy - October 2014

As with my October Allure Sample Society box, I opened my Ipsy bag on my YouTube Channel right after it came, but procrastinated on this post so I'm coming in just under the wire to actually get it posted while it's still October.  This month's Ipsy theme was Beauty Candy.



The first item in my bag was a Noyah Lipstick sample in the shade Deeply in Mauve.  Noyah lipsticks are all natural and the company also makes lip balms and glosses.  When I first opened the lipstick I was worried the shade would be too dark for me but I've tried it on since and really enjoy it.  It has a semi-matte finish but isn't drying.  My one complaint would be that the packaging on the sample is really cheap and I'm worried it's going to break apart.  The full sized lipsticks retail for $18 making this 1.4 gram sample worth $5.60.



Second was a Skone Cosmetics Tattooed Waterproof Eyeliner.  This is a black liquid liner with a felt tip applicator.  I'm not a huge black eyeliner person but I will say when I swatched this on my hand and then let it dry during the filming of my unbagging. it did not budge when I wiped it with a tissue after a few minutes.  So if you're looking for a stay put waterproof liner and like the felt tip liquid kind this seems like a decent one.  I received a full sized liner worth $15.



Next up was a Figs & Rouge Hand Cream in the scent Rose Berry.  I really like the cute packaging and great for the purse size of this cream.  I am finding I really like products with shea butter in them and this cream seemed to absorb quickly and was nicely moisturizing.  When I first tried it out I was getting over a cold so the scent seemed pretty mild to me, but once my nose was back to normal I realized it actually has quite a strong sugary berry scent.  I don't love the smell but it's one that fades quickly rather than sticking around all day so I will end up using this lotion.  The 20 ml size I received in my bag retails for $6.60.


The fourth product in my bag was a sample of the Indie Lee Brightening Cleanser.  Like the hand cream this cleanser also has a berry scent, which the website lists as coming from strawberries.  I have used this cleanser once so far and the scent was stronger than I would like in a face wash and also smelled a little plasticy to me.  However my skin didn't seem sensitive to the ingredients so I will finish the sample, but at $32 for the full size I can't see myself repurchasing this.  The 0.5 oz sample I received is worth $4.


Finally in my bag was a Nicole by OPI Nail Polish in the Ipsy Exclusive shade Gilt Trip.  I love getting nail polish in my beauty subscriptions and this shimmery gold color will be great for the holidays.  The retail price of Nicole by OPI polishes varies depending on the retailer so for a value I'm going to go with an average price of $6.99.


The bag itself this month is a cute quilted teal bag that feels like one of the best quality ones I've received from Ipsy so far.  This will definitely get some use as my purse makeup bag.


Overall this was a pretty good Ipsy bag and I'll get use out of all the products.  I received 3 full size products and 2 decent sized samples, and the bag had an overall value of $38.15.  If you'd like to try Ipsy it is a monthly subscription service that costs $10/month including shipping.  I also have a referral link you can use here.  My video unboxing of this bag along with a review of September's products is below.

No comments:

Post a Comment