Monday, December 15, 2014

Josie Maran Love That Flush Argan Infinity Lip and Cheek Creamy Oil Set

I picked up this set of Josie Maran Love That Flush Argan Infinity Lip & Cheek Creamy Oils from Sephora back at the beginning of October.  I procrastinated on reviewing them so unfortunately this particular set of four mini oils isn't available anymore but the full size individual oils are still available for purchase at Sephora and on the Josie Maran website.  Sephora also has a duo of two shades in the mini size.  I also reviewed this set on my YouTube Channel and have embedded the video at the end of this post.


The set I purchased came with four shades: Everlasting Honey, Timeless Coral, Non-Stop Watermelon, and Enduring Raspberry.  The mini sizes I received are 5 mL which is one third of the 15 mL full sized oils.


The Argan Infinity Lip and Cheek Creamy oils are a combo lip/cheek color blended with argan oil. They do separate a little in the container so it helps to shake them up a bit before squeezing out the product.  My coral shade seems to be less blended than the others, which is visible in the consistency difference in the picture below.


Unlike a lip and cheek stain product such as Benetint, these oils are not staining but instead reminded me more of a cream blush.  The advantage to this is that they can be blended out quite a bit and you don't have to work quickly to prevent them from staining one spot darker than the other.  For my cheeks I found I preferred applying them with my fingers and then blending them out with a stippling brush.  These are very pigmented oils that can be sheered out or blended less for a stronger color.  In the picture below they are blended some from the previous photo.


Because of the creamy consistency of these they don't seem to dry completely so when using as a blush I have been setting them with a powder.  Once I do this though they do seem to have good staying power and last all day on the cheeks. Despite the Argan oil in them I also don't find them greasy, or see an increase in the oiliness of my skin when wearing them.  As a lip product they are quite moisturizing and remind me of a cross between a lip balm and lip gloss consistency.  They are not sticky at all, and leave a somewhat glossy finish.  Since they are more gloss like they only have okay staying power for the lips and will wear off quite a bit when eating and drinking.  For lip application I've used both my fingers and a lip brush and both seem to work well.


Since these are nicely moisturizing without being greasy I expect to get quite a bit more use out of them over the winter because I end up with dry skin and chapped lips.  A little bit goes a long way with the color, especially on the cheeks, but since they aren't staining it is fairly easy to blend them out or remove some product if too much was applied initially.  The oil separating from some of them is a bit frustrating and I wish there was an easier way to mix them up in the container before dispensing the product.  I also did find that the consistency varied some between the different colors. Overall though I've been enjoying the Lip and Cheek Creamy Oils and like that they are easier to work with than a traditional lip and cheek stain.   In addition to the individual oils Sephora also currently has a duo of the Everlasting Honey and Timeless Coral shades in the mini size, and has minis included in a couple of the Josie Maran Color Collections if you've been interested in trying out these or other Josie Maran products.





No comments:

Post a Comment