Friday, June 27, 2014

Sinful Colors - Tidal Wave

This is one of three Sinful Colors shades I currently have.  I purchased the first one, a pink called Beautiful Girl, but didn't love the color with my skin tone.  I hadn't bought another Sinful Colors polish since then, but was lucky enough to receive both Tidal Wave and Ocean Side for free from Pinch Me which is an online sample site that releases new samples about once a month (their next sample release date is July 15th).

Indoors, Natural Light

Tidal Wave is a pale blue creme polish.  It is somewhat similar to Essie's Borrowed and Blue but has a paler tone and I actually like Tidal Wave more shade wise.


The formula was really good on this one, opaque in two coats and smoothed out well, but I struggled with the brush which had some uneven and bent bristles.  I was impressed with the wear time, I had a little tip wear but didn't see my first chips until day 5 and kept it on for 7, which is a very long wear time for me.  I haven't tried Ocean Side yet, but will soon and am curious to see if I'll have the same results.

Outside, Shade

All pictures are 1 coat of Nailtiques Formula 2 Plus, 1 coat of Essie Grow Stronger, two coats of polish, and a top coat of NYC In a New York Minute in Grand Central Station.

Outside, Sunlight

No comments:

Post a Comment