Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Ipsy - November 2014

It's Ipsy time again!  My bag actually arrived a couple of days earlier than usual this month which was a nice surprise.  The theme for November is Girl Meets Glitter and several of the products had glittery or shimmery aspects to them.


Be a Bombshell Cosmetics Eye Base -  I received this in the color Submissive, which is a bronzy shimmer.  The eye base is a creamy solid base, which reminds me very much of Maybelline's Color Tattoos.  The color is nicely pigmented but also can be sheered out, so it looks like it will work well as either a base or an all over lid shade with a darker crease color.  It should also really bring out similar colored shadows when used as a base so I'm excited to play around with it.  Plus unlike the stinky Be a Bombshell. mascara I got in my July bag the eye base doesn't have a detectable smell to it, which is great.  I received a full size product which retails for $14.




J. Cat Beauty Wonder Lip Paint - My lip paint is in the color Red Potion, which comes out of the tube as a very deep almost blackish red, but blends out a bit to be more of a deep berry red.  The formula reminds me of a mix between a melted lipstick and a lip stain.  A little bit goes a long way with this and when I first swatched it I accidentally used enough to cover my whole hand.  The color is a bit intense for everyday wear for me, but I will get some wear out of this and am interested to test out the staying power.  The lip paint is full sized and worth $4.99.



Temptu S/B Highlighter - Temptu makes liquid highlighters in several colors and Ipsy sent out Pink Pearl, which is a nice light opalescent pink shade.  The pink seems to sheer out a bit just leaving a liquid highlighter shimmery effect, so this should hopefully be good for highlighting the tops of cheekbones & bridge of the nose.  Ipsy's website also suggests mixing  few drops into body lotion for an all over shimmer.  The highlighter is a 0.1 oz sample size but it is a very thin liquid so I'm sure a tiny bit will go a long way.  The sample is worth $2.75.


Starlooks Gem Eye Pencil - Starlooks is introducing new colors of their Gem pencils and Ipsy sent out two of them, Ultra Olive and Ultra Orchid.  I received Ultra Orchid, which is a purple shade with tiny flecks of glitter.  I'm not a huge fan of pencil liners because I find they cause some pulling on the eyelid, but this does seem like a very soft and creamy liner.  Plus it isn't another black eyeliner which I'm pretty happy about.  The glittery aspect will make it fun for upcoming holiday looks.  I received a full size pencil with a value of $17.00.




Marc Anthony Oil of Morocco Argan Oil Volume Shine Hairspray - This has a pleasant light fruity scent, which is good because I find some hairsprays have so much scent to them it's like spraying perfume on your hair.  I sprayed a little in my hair after my unbagging and it seems to be a medium hold that would be good for when I curl my hair because it will hold the curl but not be super stiff.  It didn't flake when I combed through my hair afterwards too, which is great.  I don't use a ton of hairspray but this is a nice 1.5 oz travel sized bottle, which is worth $1.38.


The bag itself this month is a cute and fun silver glitter bag with a bright pink zipper.  It has a plastic coating over the top of the glitter so it doesn't drop glitter everywhere, which I really appreciate.  I will definitely use this as my purse makeup bag for a while.


Overall this was a pretty good month.  I calculated a total value for the products I received of $40.12.  I will get use out of all of the products I received and I feel like they go well with Ipsy's theme for the month without being over the top glittery. If you'd like to try Ipsy it is a monthly subscription service that costs $10/month including shipping.  I also have a referral link you can use here.  My video unboxing of this bag that also includes a review of my October products is below.


No comments:

Post a Comment