Monday, December 29, 2014

Walmart Beauty Box - Winter 2014

Walmart joined the Beauty Box mix this fall by introducing a quarterly box of samples.  The samples themselves are free, however you do need to cover the $5 shipping fee.  Unlike the Target boxes, you are able to subscribe to the Walmart service rather than order separately each time a box is released.  I did receive the fall box, and while I didn't blog about it I did open it on my YouTube channel here.  The winter box arrived a couple of days ago so lets take a look at what was included:


Loreal Oleo Therapy Shampoo and Conditioner - The shampoo and conditioner are both generous 2 oz sample sizes, which should be enough to determine if it's something I would like to repurchase.  These are for dry, damaged hair and my hair has quite a bit of damage from dying it a while back as well as daily blow drying so I'm looking forward to giving these a try.  They seem to have a light, fresh scent that isn't too strong or overpowering, and are sulfate free.  The 8.5 oz full size of the shampoo sells for $5.97 at Walmart, however I couldn't find the conditioner on their site.  I'm just going to estimate that it's the same as the shampoo and give the samples a value of $1.40 each, or $2.40 total.


Jergens BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream - I received this in the light skin tone.  This is a lightly tinted cream that is supposed to have a similar effect as BB cream for your face by moisturizing and helping to blur out imperfections.  I purchased this cream myself over the summer and really liked it, however even though I'm fair skinned I preferred the medium/dark skin tone variation because it is still very lightly tinted once blended out.  The sample size in the box is 1 oz and the full size 7.5 oz sells for $11.97 at Walmart, giving the sample a value of about $1.60.



Olay Fresh Effects Everything Off Makeup Remover Cloths - My box included a 7 pack of these wipes.  I use face wipes every night to take off my makeup before using my facial cleanser but haven't tried this type yet so I'm happy to receive these.  These contain honeysuckle and white tea.  The full size of 25 wipes is $3.97 which makes this 7 pack worth about $1.11.


Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick - The color I received is Maple Kiss. which is a warm brown shade.  From the website it looks like this is part of "The Buffs" collection from the Color Sensational line.  The box included a full size lipstick, which retails at Walmart for $4.97.




Nivea Cocoa Butter Lotion and Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder - The box also included a couple of foil packet/paper card samples that each included a $1 off coupon.  I'll try out the Nivea lotion and might use the coupon at some point.  The Maybelline powder sample isn't the right shade for my skin tone but the coupon is good for any Maybelline face product so I will probably use that sometime soon.  I didn't calculate a value for these small samples, though the coupons they included do add some value to the box. 



The overall value of the winter beauty box is approximately $10.48 excluding the 2 small foil/paper samples, plus $2 worth of coupons.  This exceeds the $5 I paid for shipping for this box and I am happy about all the products I received, so I will continue to stay signed up for this box and am looking forward to seeing what the spring box contains.  If you'd like to try the Walmart Beauty box you can sign up here.  I'm not sure what the cut off for receiving the winter box is, so keep in mind that the first box you receive may be in the spring.  I also unboxed this on YouTube and have included that video below.  

No comments:

Post a Comment