Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Allure Sample Society - September 2014

September is my second month receiving Allure Sample Society, which is a monthly beauty box subscription that costs $15.  Each box contains 5 deluxe sized samples, or sometimes full sized products.  It also comes with an Allure "mini magazine" that describes all the products.  Allure does release a few spoilers and this month I managed to just read one of them and the rest of the contents were a surprise.  As usual I unboxed this subscription on my Makeup Miscellaneous YouTube Channel and I've also embedded the video at the end of this post.


The first product I received was the one spoiler item I knew about, and that was the Restorsea Revitalizing Eye cream.  This eye cream is a full sized 0.5 oz product worth a whopping $85.  Given the price tag, it will have to work miracles on my fine lines and dark circles for me to actually repurchase it, however I am happy to have received it in my box.  It is a fairly thick cream but absorbed quickly when I tested it on my hand and didn't feel greasy.  It also came with a little plastic spoon to use, which I like vs using my finger.



Next I received a sample sized Lorac Porefection Mattifying Face Primer.  I've tried a sample of Lorac's eye primer before but haven't tried out their face primer so I'm curious to give it a shot.  It is a clear primer that's free from oils, parabens, and fragrance.  When I tested it on my hand it absorbed quickly and felt very smooth, and reminded me some of the Maybelline Baby Skin that I use and like.  The 50 mL full size of this Lorac primer is $32, making this 12 mL sample worth $7.68.


The third item in my box was the Alterna Caviar Repairx Re-texturizing Protein Cream.  This is a leave in conditioner with caviar extract, vitamin C, and Seasilk.  The conditioner is a thick cream and smells slightly lemony.  I use a leave in product regularly (typically It's a 10 Leave in with Keratin) so I'm interested to try this and see how it compares to others I've tried.  The sample size is a generous 1.35 oz, which has a value of $9.26.


I also received three Tarte Brazilliance Maracuja Self Tanning Face Towelettes.  I'm not a self tanner so I don't know if I'll use these, but may try them out at some point.  I doubt I'll start with my face first though and will probably try them on my legs.  I haven't opened any of the packets up but the Allure mini magazine says they don't have a self tanner smell, which is nice.  These three towelettes have a value of $9.


The final product in my box was a Givenchy Dahlia Divin Eau de Parfum sample.  I'm not much of a perfume person since I tend to be very sensitive to scents and unfortunately this one doesn't seem like one that I'll be able to use.  The mini magazine lists it as having notes of jasmine, patchouli, sandalwood, vetiver, and Mirabelle plum.  To me it has a strong musky floral scent and is just a bit too much for my nose.  The full sizes of this perfume range from $65 for 30 mL to $110 for $75 mL.  The sample I received doesn't have a volume measurement so I'm going to give it a value of $2, mainly since this is the type of sample you can get for free at perfume counters.


Overall I'm pretty pleased with September's Sample Society Box.  I may not use everything but I will enjoy trying the eye cream, primer, and conditioner.  This box had an overall value of $112.94, which is amazing considering the $15 I paid.  I'm already looking forward to Octobers sample society box.  In addition to unboxing this months box on YouTube I also did a brief review of August's box when I was done opening the September box.  The video is embedded below.


No comments:

Post a Comment