Thursday, September 18, 2014

Ipsy - September 2014

I received my September Ipsy bag this week and it was a big improvement compared to my August bag.  This months theme was Street Style and I also opened it up on my Makeup Miscellaneous YouTube page, as well as giving a quick review of what I thought of the products from August.


The first product from my September bag was the Crown Brush Infinity Shadow/Crease Duet Brush. I enjoy receiving brushes in my bags and this brush feels very soft and has synthetic fibers.  I just recently picked up some other Crown brushes from a Hautelook sale so I'm glad to add this to the bunch.  My only issue with this brush is that it's double ended, which I don't prefer since I store my brushes standing up and one end tends to get ruined.  I will probably test this brush out a few times to see how I like it and then put it away for travel when it will come in handy to have two brushes in one.  This brush has a value of $6.99.




The second product in my bag was the Cailyn Art Touch Tinted Lip Gloss in the color Basic Instinct. In the tube the gloss comes off as a more of a pink neutral, but when I tried it out it has more of an orange tone to it.  I'm not sure it's a great color for me but I'll play with it over lipstick to see if it will work.  It is a well pigmented gloss and doesn't seem terribly sticky so in a different color I might like it more. The gloss retails for $19.00.



The third item in my bag was the NYX Hot Singles Eyeshadow in Velvet.  I like NYX products and this is a nice neutral brown shade that will be good for a crease color.  It wasn't as pigmented as I would have liked when swatched, but I'm hoping it will be helped by primer.  This shadow is worth $4.50.



Next I received a Pacifica Nail Polish in the color Red Red Wine.  I was very happy to finally receive polish in my bag and this is a 7 Free Polish which I like as well.  The color is a nice deep red that will be great for fall.  It swatched well on the nail stick and looks like it will be opaque in two coats.  Looking forward to using this one and will probably use it as my next pedicure color.  The polish has a value of $9.00.



The final item in my bag was the Briogeo Don't Despair Repair Deep Conditioning Mask.  The mask is for dry, damaged, or chemically treated hair and I currently have all three of these issues so I'm happy to try this mask out.  There isn't much of a noticeable smell to this conditioner and it is cruelty free & gluten free.  It came in a one ounce sample size that I should be able to get 2 uses out of and has a value of $4.95.


I completely forgot to take a picture of the bag by itself this month but you can see it in the first picture at the top of this post.  It's a nice silvery pleather-like material with some simple silver studs at the top on one side.  This will go well with a black leather purse I have so will probably use it as my makeup bag whenever I carry that purse.  Overall I'm really happy with my Ipsy bag this month and as I said above it definitely makes up for my disappointment from last month.  Including the brush I received 4 full size products and one sample size, and the bag had an overall value of $44.44.  If you'd like to try Ipsy it is a monthly subscription service that costs $10/month including shipping.  I also have a referral link you can use here.  My video unboxing of this bag and review of August is below.

No comments:

Post a Comment