Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy - Checkmate

I'm ready to transition to my fall nail colors but the outside temperatures here are still staying it's summer.  I decided to start with a nude polish as a nice in between shade.  I've always been a bit wary of nude polish shades because I'm fair skinned, but after seeing more of them crop up this year I decided to try one out.  

Outside, Shade

I didn't find much at my local Rite Aid in their larger nail display but spotted Checkmate in the Revlon makeup section.  Checkmate is one of Revlon's newer Colorstay Gel Envy polishes that appears to be replacing the regular Colorstay line.  I think the point of the Gel Envy line is to use the Gel Envy topcoat with the polish to get a gel like manicure you don't need a light to cure, but I have plenty of top coats at home so I just used this as I would a regular polish and it seemed to work just fine.

Inside, Natural Light

The formula on this was a little troublesome, it was easily opaque in two coats but was quite runny and it took me a few nails to get the hang of how much polish to have on my brush so I didn't get polish pooling in my cuticles.  Some cleanup was definitely required for this one.  The brush was also an issue, it's a nice, slightly flat brush that would make polishing easy, except mine was unevenly cut at the bottom.

Outside, Sunlight

Formula and brush aside though, it is a really pretty pale nude cream polish that I think would work well for many skin tones, including fair skin like mine.  It was pretty difficult to photograph though, so excuse the slightly blurry photos, I was trying to pick ones that came off most true to color.

Outside, Sunlight

No comments:

Post a Comment